Thursday, March 11, 2010

Over-wintered



A friend over-winters her geraniums. In Iowa, this takes dedicating a warm and sunny space in your house, a green thumb and a generous, caring spirit! My friend's plants are pale after the long winter, but strong and leafy. In a few weeks, she'll put them out on the porch and their gorgeous green and vibrant blooms will announce true summer. They may be common, but I love geraniums. And I'm ready for the warm weather they symbolize. The fact that I saw the first robin today caused me to scratch out something from the summer side of my color palette.

1 comment:

Julia Kelly said...

I love this, geraniums do great in colorado-smashed up against a window to soak up the winter sun-always remind me of my grandma- and about the only planet I can't kill-lovely illustration!!

Blog Archive