Thursday, August 29, 2013

An apple a day...

Working on a new work of Wilson's Orchard, one of my favorite local places. Not only does the orchard feed the bodies and souls of many of us here in the region, it is also an integral part of many animals, insect and bird lives.

A couple years ago, I made a print of a pair of indigo buntings set in late summer/early fall. I've always wanted to do a four season Wilson's Orchard series and this summer I got around to "Spring".  It features robins and full nests and blossoms and pink trees and a fresh blue sky. Plus an orchardist inspecting the early growth, if you have sharp enough eyes to find him!

 Here is the scratchboard black and white line work...color coming soon.


1 comment:

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Just lovely, I really like your style, I shall look forward to seeing the colour version in all it's spring splendour, :)

Blog Archive